Thursday, September 5, 2013

Melissa Loop..

CityPark3.1

Melissa Loop recently contacted me to show me her paintings and sculptures of saturated colorful utopic worlds she creates through paint & everyday craft, party, and home improvement materials. I loved the color combos and really fell for her sculptures. I asked her to tell me a little bit about her influence & where her work comes from:

"I've become obsessed with making what amounts to my personal fantasy islands. Some are in a state of just coming into being and others are city escapes. For me they are not necessarily happy places, but just places of refuge without any other people where one can go to get away for awhile.  I love to take images off the Internet and collage them into new bizarre retreats out of places that were already supposed to be little utopias."

Degital_remix

Utopia_stageset_1.1

Utopia_12

Secondlife_exploration

No comments:

Post a Comment